A complete QR Quick Response Bar code processor encoder reader for your Android.
- Encodes contacts, bookmarks, calendar events and free text
- Lets you share apps: It list all your installed apps and lets you search any of them. After you choose one, a Market link is encoded in the QR image
- QR Droid lists your contacts, bookmarks, applications and lets you browse or search them. After you select an item, you can choose exactly what information to encode and/or edit any info without changing anything permanently in your device.
- Decodes images saved in your device or from URLs of QR image. It decodes from camera too if Barcode Scanner is present. Itís a complete client.
- It allows you to shorten a long URL before encoding it. If a QR code has less information, more readers will be able to decode it
- Always acts as expected after decoding a QR code (it can call or save a contact, show a map, dial a number, send an e-mail, find result in Google, send SMS, copy & share any info...)
- Generates and decodes QR images in less than a second
- Saves generated QR image in SD card and lets you send it attached through e-mail, post directly in Facebook and more. If you just want to share text, you can send QR image URL (using Google Chart API)
- Integrates with Browser, Gallery, Contacts, 3rd party file-explorers and more to encode and decode. For example, you can open an image in Browser or Gallery, select "Share" > "Decode with QR Droid". Or choose a contact, select "Share" > "QR Droid" and choose exactly what info of that contact to encode
- If you don't want to grant access to "Your personal information", try app "QR Droid Private", which removes two features that use that permission, leaving intact all other great features. We respect your privacy.
A QR Code is a matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by QR scanners, mobile phones with a camera, and smartphones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.