West Bengal Tourism app info
Tourism is a Focus Area of West Bengal. Several steps are being taken by the state Government of West Bengal, including revamping Tourism properties, extending modern facilities, arrangement of delicious recipes and modern facilities.
Accordingly, the departmental Mobile App of Department of Tourism, Govt. of West Bengal, has also been revamped to the latest technologies, designed as a tour guide while on move with more than 700 locations, month wise festival, on map location view with nearby amenities and many more as listed below
Department of Tourism, Govt. of West Bengal has launched the Mobile App to extend warm welcome to all travelers with new theme of "Experience Bengal".
Salient Features of Bengal Tourism revamped Mobile App:
- Dedicated login and user registration function for tourists for rating, property booking.
- Tourist attractions based on categories like: Hills & Mountains, Wildlife, Beaches, Pilgrimage, Weekend Getaways, Tea Tourism, Royal Palaces & River Cruise etc.
- District wise List of Visiting Places with travel information with nearby locations.
- Important museums of Kolkata with brief introduction and on map location.
- On map view of Nearby Tourist amenities like: Bank, ATM, Restaurant, Shopping Mall, Bus Stop, Train Station etc.,
- On map display of nearby amenities like Bank, ATM, Bus stop etc. according to tourist’s current location.
- Display of user’s current location with weather information.
- Rating & Share: Tourist can provide Rating according to desire and can also share spot information with others via digital platforms.
- Digital Tour Guide: WBTDCL Properties Address & Contacts,
- Homestays information,
- WBTDCL Tour Packages information,
- Currency Converter information, Communication (information of Services of Bus, Train & Air)
- At a glance of Bengal’s Arts & Crafts, Cuisine.
- Month wise Festivals of Bengal with a Brief Description.
- List of Department’s event information with sharing option.
- Emergency Contacts: Hospitals, Blood Bank, Fire Stations and Police Stations etc.
- Sharing option of Dept. and WBTDCL tourism centres
- Photo & Video gallery of Bengal’s Tourist Spots.
- Useful Links to social media platforms like Tourism Facebook, Twitter Page etc.
West Bengal has something for every visitors, the ingredient of experiencing the rejuvenating freshness of the snow-capped hills, thrill and adventure of the rich forestlands, buzz of a “City of joy”, peaceful calmness of the religious destinations, or basking under the sun on sandy beaches and ever flowing Ganges, you get a taste of everything here.
It unfolds the pages of each district of West Bengal which is bestowed with its distinctive flavour of natural beauty, history, Culture and heritage.
The tour guide and emergency with range of common useful information, helps to provide the tourist to make the journey pleasant and enjoyable. The Art and Culture and Festivals provides an instant access to the glorious features of the state, considered as a seat of culture and literature.
Through the useful Links you can also get access to : Facebook, Twitter Page, WBTDC, Dept and bengalcuisine website- all give a marvelous range of taste of Bengal. On Line Booking facility is available through the Mobile would be also useful.
The state is known for its festivals – festivity with an incredible manifestation of art, ethnicity, ingenuity, prosperity and revelry. The intriguing freshness, coupled with the sheer brilliance of the place, is sure to make your visit to West Bengal a once-come-never-forget experience.