NetherSX2 is a modded version of the AetherSX2 emulator for PS Two console on Android platform.
NetherSX2, a new modification for the current version Aether that removes advertisements, reimplements frontend support, removes bios restrictions on PS3 derived bios, and allows for a custom app name. This means that not only are all files related to advertisements are removed from The Modification, but it also means programs like Daijisho and Launchbox will work once again on the latest Aether release.
- -Removed Advertisements (All files relating to adverts removed)
- -Reimplimented Frontend Support (Tested extensively with DaiJiSho and Launchbox)
- -Removed PS3 Bios check (PS2 bios from PS3 firmware support reimplemented)
- -Optional Emulator App Rename (Default is NetherSX2, can be adjusted to ‘AetherSX2’ or customized names with 1 termux command. Does not effect package names and frontends.)
IMPORTANT ! - Each user should run their own script to AUTOMATICALLY build an unmodified copy of AetherSX2, patch it, and build the modified NetherSX2 APK on their own device.
This is as simple as 1 Termux command, and is easy enough that even novices can do it within minutes by following several straight forward stepsYou can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.
A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application.
You need a high end device to achieve good performance. We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result.
Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be much lower than Adreno GPUs, and the Vulkan renderer will not be available. This is because they are missing a critical feature (dual-source blending).
- System simulation
- OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
- Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
- Widescreen patches for games without native support
- Save states
- Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
- Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
- Per game settings