St.Theresa Church -Kasimedu applicazione info
The parochial church of Kasimedu was the under the jurisdiction of the Padroado diocese of Madras-Mylapore. The construction of the Church commenced in 1830 and was complete in 1850. The Church was officially raised to an independent parish in 1845. The survey undertaken by Mr. Clison in 1859 had recorded that there were 508 Catholic Christians were practicing Catholicism in the locality.
Since 1886, the parish of Kasimedu was under the patronage of the Archdiocese of Mylapore. The parish of Kasimedu proudly records in its chronicles three special events, namely, Rev. Fr. Lobo who had relentlessly served the parish for a long duration of thirty years. Most. Rev. Balasamy who served as bishop of Nellore, Andhra Pradesh hails from this parish and it has begotten 11 priests and 15 religious nuns. Such events visibly point out on how the church has spiritually grown strong and become a true witness in living the faith.