MiXPlorer File manager aplicación
MiXplorer is very powerful and reliable file manager for Android devices. It give your most of the features that a desktop can have. Essential actions like copy, cut, paste, move files or folders, extract or create archives are included, along with many others. It can also be linked to cloud services for easy file transfer and backup.
- Themes and customizations
- Tabbed browsing and Dual panel mode
- Customizable bookmarks
- HTML viewer
- Extract and archive files and folders
- Connect to cloud storage services
- Built-in Image and media viewer
- Text editor
- Data backup for rooted devices
Comprehensive file manager
This app is a real gem when it come to managing files on your device. You can easily locate any file with its Search function (just make sure to know its name). You can do any actions with your files and preview them in real time. This way images, audio files and even animated GISs can be opened within the software. You can extract and create compressed files in most used formats icluding ZIP, RAR, TAR, GZIP, 7z, CAB, ISO and ARJ.
Awesome customization options
The software is very fast with smooth and beautiful interface. You can personalize it to your needs and make it even more intuitive. Change the layout of every folder and add or remove action buttons. You can also change app's skins to match your environment.
Cloud storage and FTP client
Nowadays everybody has account on one or more cloud services. This app lets you access your cloud storage very easily. Just login to your account and get access to your files. It can be used to automatically backup files there too. Below are the most popular services that are supported.
- Yandex Disc
- Google Drive
Great feature is that it can connect to FTP and SFTP servers. This can be useful if you don't want to have separate FTP clients installed.
Transfer Photos From Android Devices With Timestamps
One of the many useful things you can do with this app is to transfer your photos from Android device to new Android device or computer without losing timestamps. This is important if you don't want to mess with cloud storage services or simply want to make a backup the old fashion way. In most cases the timestamps will be lost if copy the photos from Android to PC over MTP connection. With this app you can have the non modified and correct EXIF data (or date when photo is taken) and your photos can be sorted. To to this you have to follow these steps.
- Open MiXplorer app. Make sure to have with the MiX Archive plug-in installed.
- Find the photos folder on your device. It is typically /DCIM/Camera on the internal storage.
- Long tap on it to select it.
- Choose Archive from the three dots option menu on the upper right. Now it will be added to your Tasks.
- View the Task from the Notepad icon in the upper right of your screen. Tap on it to view options.
- Enter the desired file name, password and archive type and tap on OK.
- When the archive file is ready transfer it to PC or another Android device.
- Extract it and have your photos with original EXIF data.
This is just an example how zipping your photos before transfer can be really useful. They will be intact since Windows have not updated them with "Modified Date", which is the day you transfer them.
MiXplorer is awesome tool that you can use to gain control of your device. With SD, FTP, LAN and Cloud services support it is fully-featured file manager for android. Install it to your device and manage all folders and directories much better. The best is that the app has no ads and as the developer claim it will remain completely free always.
When installing the app on rooted device you've to follow a simple procedure to ensure it will work properly. First you've to give it access to storage locations and SU or root access. There may be some differences across different ROMs and SU/root methods. Fo the following before configuring its settings or importing skins.
- Allow MiXplorer to access photos, media, and files on your device when asked at first run.
- Go to Root - "/". This will force the app to request first time SU permissions. Make sure to select Allow and Remember to enable it for future use.
- Open your SD card. If you get a message to Allow access do it. On some devices you'll have to create a new folder on your SD Card in order to be prompted to Allow the app to access it.
- Open this folder to verify the granted permissions.
- Fixed an issue with silent app installation.
- Some other tiny fixes.
Android 5.0 and higher